Homemade Ice Cream on my dads side, all growing up is really the only dessert any of us care about, I mean there were others but none that are as important as the homemade ice cream. Not only is it still the highlight of my dads side of the family but it is a highlight for our families events too. We make it for every event we can, we just love it so much, all flavors, all kinds!
All Fruit Flavored Ice creams
- White Mountain Electric Ice Cream Maker with Appalachian Series Wooden Bucket, 6 Quart
- Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 48 oz. Container, or any blender
Fresh Fruit Ice Cream Mixture
- 1 pint whipping cream (2 cup) this is based on the wooden iceream makers like the one in my store (the White Mountain Brand) if you are using the plastic use 1 quart whipping cream (4 cups)
- 4 & 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 cups fresh fruit pureed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- whole milk 2/3 – 3/4 of the way filled
- 2 bags crushed ice
- 4 cups rock salt
Instruction on how to make ice cream in the Wooden Buckets
- Take the dasher out of the can
- In the icecream maker can – add the 4 & 1/4 cup sugar, 1 pint whipping cream, then the 6 cups of pureed fruit, and 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Stir really well until all sugar is dissolved
- Fill the can with the whole milk 2/3rds – 3/4ths full
- Put the dasher in, put the lid on, put it in the icecream bucket
- Put the crushed ice in around the can, fill it up to just below the lid
- Add two cups of rock salt, and sprinkle that around on the top of the ice (make sure its not so high that the salt water can get into the icecream, thats why you want to keep it below the lid)
- Final step, Turn it on
- Keep an eye on it, when the ice is half way down fill it back up with ice then 2 more cups of rock salt sprinkled on the ice.
- You know when its done, when the motor slows way down and or if you see icecream oozing out the top