This Meal is so heavenly! My family has been making this for generations!!!! My Grandma to my mom, to me, to my kids and there is no doubt they will make it for their kids! I am always amazed at how many people have never heard of doing it this way and I love to be the one to show them how great it is, they always fall in love with it!Jump to Recipe
BEST Chicken Noodle Soup with Mash Potatoes
- ALL ITEMS WE USE OR RECOMMEND ARE SHOWN ON OUR KITCHEN APPLIANCES PAGE
- Large Crockpot
- cookie sheet
- large pot
- Kitchen aide with kneading tool or rolling pin
- pizza cutter
- potatoes peeler
- kitchen aide mixer or hand mash the potatoes
- 1 whole chicken (pull the insides out)
- 1-1/5 tsp Lawrys season salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion (do NOT chop up)
- 2 chicken broth cubes
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 cup flour gluten free flour can be found on amazon called King Arthur's Cup for Cup or you can find gluten free noodles at Trader Joes
- butter if you'd like
- Potatoes as many as you want
- milk to texture
- salt to taste
- Put the whole chicken in the crock pot and cover with water. Then add 1 & 1/2 tsp Lawrys season salt (all around the chicken), 1 tsp salt (sprinkle all over) and 1/2 onion on top of chicken, add the 2 chicken broth cubes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours in the Crockpot (item shown on our kitchen appliances page)
- When 8 hours is done pull Chicken out and put on a cookie sheet (item shown on our kitchen appliances page)
- Pour all juices from the crockpot through a strainer, in to a large pot, put on stove top, turn burner up to low to keep broth warm.
- Make your noodles – Mix together 1 egg, 2 tbsp water, 1/4 tsp salt, dash pepper, 1cup flour. Use a Kitchen aide with kneading tool (items shown on our kitchen appliances page)
- If you don't have a kneading tool, Roll out dough on a flour covered counter, roll out flat and fairly thin.
- Then us a pizza cutter to cut dough into thin small pieces of noodles OR use kitchenaid pasta attachment to make your noodles
- Add noodles to broth, cook in broth medium heat for 15 or so minutes
Getting the chicken ready to eat
- While noodles are cooking pull all the cooked chicken off the bone and set aside until noodles are cooked.
When the noodles are done
- After noodles are done add the pulled apart chicken pieces to the noodles and broth and let simmer until ready to eat.
8) Begin making your mashed potatoes.
- ****For your Mashed potatoes we use regular Idaho potatoes use how ever many pounds you want 🙂 . Use your potatoes peeler (items shown on our kitchen appliances page) to skin the potatoes (but you can leave the skin on to if you want, just don't forget to wash the skin good) Use your kitchen aide (items shown on our kitchen appliances page) or hand mixer (items shown on our kitchen appliances page) to whip it to what ever consistency you like, add milk to make the smooth and softens you want and add ?? tsp of salt to taste Remember you can always add more but you can't take out so little bits at a time.
- When your potatoes are all done it's time to eat! My family likes to eat this two ways 1) soup in the bowl and potatoes on the side and we mix together bite by bite or 2) put the mashed potatoes in the bowl first then a big scoop of the soup right on top and eat it mixed together! YEP sounds weird but oh my both ways are so good!