This recipe is so good and simple even the kids will eat it! It makes two pie. You can do the fast way with refriderated pie or the longer way with the homemade pie crust! You can view our pie crust recipe (its heavenly) if you want to do the homemade. We use the refridgerated crust just for sake of time on this one but homemade crust rocks! This is great for a cold fall or winter day.Jump to Recipe
Best Chicken Pot Pie!
- 2 Lrg Pots
- Frying pan
- Pie Tins
- Potatoe/carrot Peeler
- chopping knife
- Tin foil
- 2 sets refridgerated pie crust or you can go to our pie crust and make crust from scratch
- 6 bonesless chicken breasts
- 3 fresh full carrots (peeled and cubed)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 11.5 oz 1 to 1.5 cans of cream of chicken
- 1) Boil chicken 30 minutes (keep at a low boil) WHEN DONE drain it then cube the chicken
- 2) Boil potatoes and carrots 15 minutes (keep at a low boil)
- 3) Sautee onions in butter
- 4) When cooked, drain and add cubed chicken and sautéed onions to potatoes, carrots
- 5) In a separate bowl combine milk, thyme, salt, pepper and cream of chicken.
- 6) combine all ingredients together and set aside
- 7) Turn on oven at 425 degrees
- 8) Get your crust ready, place one crust half in the bottom of the pan push it up against the sides, bottom and over the sides with the extra. do this in both pie pans
- 9) Now fill both dishes equally with the pie filling
- 10) Now place the other half of the crust on the top, take a knife and cut off the extra hanging over around the edges of the pan. Then use two/three fingers to squish the top and bottom crusts together to make a nice boarder and to seal it shut.
- 11) Put three or four long slits on the top layer of the pie to allow it to breath in cook inside better.
- 12) Wrap foil around the edges of the pie and cook for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your meal! Also if you have extra pieces of crust you can lay it on a cookie sheet cover it in cinnamon and sugar, cook it as is then have your self a yummy dessert after dinner 🙂