One of our favorite foods we look forward to all year, at Easter time, is grandmas special Potato Salad. The taste is so good, it’s not dry and has nothing weird in it. I always look forward to eating it and usually tend to eat to much. I hope you will love it as much as I do!
- 2 Large Pot with lid
- 3 Large mixing bowl
- cutting board
- Cute Easter bowl
- 4 lbs potato with skins on
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 4 whole pickles
- 1 Qt Miricle Whip
- Small Mustard
- 1/4 cup milk
Cooking the Potatoes
- Cut the 4lbs of potatoes in to four slices each (leave skins on)
- Boil 4lbs of potatoes with skins on (add salt)
- Cook until done (don't cook to long you don't want it to turn into mashed potatoes
- At this time start cooking your eggs
- Not all the potatoes cook at the same time, so test them, as they get done pull them out and put them on a cutting board.
Cooking the Eggs
- The best way to cook the eggs is as follow
- Lay all 12 eggs at the bottom of the pot, make sure they are set in a way they wont roll around while boiling, so they don't crack (i would recommend cooking like 2 or 3 extra eggs just in case any do brake while cooking)
- Cover the eggs with water. Don't put in to much water you don't want the eggs bouncing around, just enough to fully cover the eggs
- Now sprinkle with salt then get the eggs and water to a full boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn the burner off, put the lid on the pot, leave it there, now set your timer for 20 minutes.
- Walk away and leave the lid on for 20 minutes
- While you are waiting for this to cook fill a bowl full of Ice water
- Once the 20 minutes is up put all the eggs into the ice water. This helps the shell come off easier.
- Leave for about 5/10 minutes and then you can start to peel
How to combine everything together
- Once all the potatoes are done cooking put them in the fridge to cool down
- Now in a large bowl start cutting the eggs in to chuncks (Leave two eggs out for top)
- Now cut up the 4 whole pickles in to chunks and add that to the bowl with the eggs
- Now get all the potatoes, cut them up into chuncks, then add them to the bowl with the eggs
- Mix all together
- Now add the 1 qt Miricle Whip and mix together well
- Add your 1/4 cup of milk, stir together well
- Then add Mustard to taste
- Add a little salt to taste ( remember you can always add more but never take out so just a little bit at a time)
- Now pour it all into your cute Easter bowl
- Slice the last two eggs and nicely place them around the top of your salad
- and lastly add your color by sprinkling paprika lightly all over the top
- Congrats Your Ready To Eat!
Below are some suggestions for the type of Equipment I like to use. Also you can get things like Paprika on here too. These are affiliate links, at no additional charge to you, if click and purchase something I will receive a small Commission.
I don’t know about you but for me presentation is kind of a big deal so if your looking for cute Easter bowls for your potato salad here is a bunch of fun ones available right now 🙂
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!