As kids and still today one of my most favorite desserts is my grandma’s Homemade Marshmellow Brownies! They are so good!!!!! I still always get so excited when she makes them! My kids LOVE them they get soooooo excited when great grandma makes us these little beauties!
OH SO GOOD Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies!!!
- 2 Large Bowl
- Brownie Pan
- 2 Regular big spoon – FOR MIXING – DO NOT MIX WITH A MIXER
- 2 cubes Margarine NO BUTTER
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup Real Cocoa
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs BEAT 1 AT a time and really well
- 1 & 1/2 cups Flour sift flour in
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallow make sure mellows are loose in the bag we recommend name brand mellows
- light oil lightly oil pan
- 1 cube Margarine NOT Butter
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Milk slowly add a little at a time, you can always add more but you can never take out!!!!
- Heat Oven to 350 degree
- In a large bowl combine VERY soft 2 cubes of margarine (don't melt into liquid), 2 cups sugar, and 1/3 cups cocoa.
- MIX BY HAND with LARGE SPOON – DON"T USE ELECTRIC MIXERS
- Add 2 tsps of vanilla – mix again by hand
- Add 1 egg at a time, mix BY HAND very very well before adding the next, do this with the next 3 eggs as well. totalling 4 eggs
- Sift in the 1 & 1/3 cups flour – again stir BY HAND ONLY
- Very LIGHTLY grease your brownie pan bottom and sides. If you grease to much the sides and bottom will be crispy. Keep it very light
- Pour your mixture into the pan and cook for 18/20ish minutes depending on your oven
- When done pull out and cover in the full bag of marshmellows
- Put it back in the oven until the marshmellows are fluffy – DONT LET THEM GET OVERLY FLUFF as in going over the sides, just fluffy enough. This will be about 2/3 minutes.
- When done pull them out to cool
Chocolate Frosting – this will be added to the cooked brownies AFTER THEY COOL DOWN
- Combine in a large bowl – 1 cube of very soft margarine (don't turn into liquid), 4 cups powered sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, 2 tsp vanilla
- Stir BY HAND
- Add a little at a time – milk – just add until its nice thick and fluffy. Becareful not to add to much or it will be runny, just a little bit at a time.
- Once its how you want it, and once the brownies have cooled down, spread the frosting on top of the brownies